Despite the fact that the Australian senate conducted an inquiry into wind energy in 2011, senators with a track record opposing wind farms (such as Sen. John Madigan), have established another inquiry into the technology.
Unlike previous committee investigations where there was a range of views represented and balanced approach, this inquiry is stacked with anti-wind energy politicians.
Friends of the Earth’s Yes 2 Renewables project is calling on you to level the playing field by making a submission to the Senate Select Committee on Wind Turbines. We have until 5pm on Monday 4 May to make our views known.
All available public polling shows Australians want more wind energy. By sending in submissions, we can once again demonstrate that we want a renewable energy powered future; not one that relies on old, polluting fossil fuels.
Making a submission is easy. All you have to do is:
- Introduce yourself. Explain who you are, where you live, and why you’re interested in the inquiry.
- Explain why you support more wind energy in Australia.
- Optional: Is there a wind energy myth have you heard, investigated, and found out was a furphy?
- Discuss your vision for Australia’s energy future. What does political leadership for our energy future look like?
- Thank the committee for the opportunity to make a submission.
- Once completed, email your submission to email@example.com before 5pm on Monday 4 May.
Yes 2 Renewables have posted a fully-referenced fact sheet responding to the key criticisms of wind energy that can aid your submission.
If you’ve never made a submission before, then you might like to read our simple ‘how to guide‘ for making a submission.
If you need a hand or would like any further information please contact coordinator, Leigh Ewbank on firstname.lastname@example.org.
One thought on “TAKE ACTION: Make a submission to the Senate Inquiry on Wind Energy”
is there a generic letter that we can submit?