Reports the Abbott government are seeking to “axe” the Renewable Energy Target puts a sharper focus on state government plans for renewable energy. With a Victorian state election on the horizon, voters want to know what plans the major parties have to secure renewable energy jobs and investment.
A Renewable Energy & Jobs Forum in Portland on Sunday August 24 will become a crisis meeting since the Abbott government announced its’ intentions for the national Renewable Energy Target.
The Forum, presented by Friends of the Earth’s Yes 2 Renewables project, the Australian Wind Alliance and local businesses, will allow the political parties to set out their plans to secure jobs and investment in the renewable energy sector.
Former Liberal leader John Hewson is the keynote speaker. Victorian shadow energy minister Lily D’Ambrosio and Greens Leader Greg Barber will attend. Victorian Premier Denis Napthine and Energy Minister Russell Northe have been invited to the event. Stand by for more speaking announcements.
- WHEN: Sunday, 24 August 2014 from 3:00pm to 4:30pm
- WHERE: Fawthrop Community Centre, 1 Hood St, Portland, VIC 3305
- RSVP: Online
- FACEBOOK: Event page for sharing is here.
- Dr John Hewson, former leader of the Australian Liberal party
- Steve Garner, Keppel Prince general manager
- Wayne Barrett, Portland businessman
- Lily D’Ambrosio, Labor shadow energy minister
- Greg Barber, Leader of the Victorian Greens
- This event is proudly supported by The Portland Observer, Quest Serviced Apartments Portland, Lawrence & Hanson Portland, Menzels Electrical, GR Carr Building Contractors, and Keppel Prince Engineering.
One thought on “Sharper focus on state renewables policies as Abbott plans to “axe” the RET”
The states could use Spain as a roll model they are only going to take 198 Billion Euros from the people.