Unlike some politicians (such as Treasurer Joe Hockey), we’re proud of Australia’s wind energy sector and the contribution it makes to creating jobs and investment, delivering drought-proof income for regional towns, and tackling global warming.
This is why we’re celebrating Global Wind Day 2014.
The family picnic will feature speakers and fun activities for the kids. A coffee cart will offer hot soup, pumpkin pies, tea and coffee to keep warm. You can bring your own picnic basket and join in on the family fun!
Come along and be part of the national body of support for the renewable energy target.
“This picnic gives people an opportunity to get together and talk about how wind can contribute to Australia’s energy future,” says Andrew Bray of the Australian Wind Alliance.
“It is clear from the Renewable Energy Target review submissions that cuts to the target are economically futile and not popular with the public.”
- WHAT: Celebrate Global Wind Day!
- WHEN: June 15, 2014 at 11am – 12:30pm
- RSVP: Australian Wind Alliance’s website or Facebook
- WHERE: Federation Mall, Parliament House Lawns, Canberra, ACT. See Google map and directions
- GLOBAL: See what other countries are doing for Global Wind Day here
- Infigen Energy
- Earth Hour (WWF)
- Coalition for Community Energy
PS: Remember to invite your family and friends.