UPDATE: The tour is booked out. Please stay tuned for another tour early in 2014.
Have you been up close and personal with a wind turbine?… Ever wanted to?… Well here’s your chance…
With the generous support of Australia’s pioneering community-owned Hepburn Wind farm, Yes 2 Renewables is pleased to announce a wind farm tour on Saturday December 14.
Join the Yes 2 Renewables team, supporters and volunteers for a fun day at the wind farm. See for yourself what wind turbines are like, gain an understanding of community-owned renewable energy, and have some of your questions answered by the tour guides. RSVP essential.
- The tour is FREE for Friends of the Earth members and Yes 2 Renewables donors. Don’t worry if you’re not a donor yet, you can donate here between now and the day.
- $10 for non-members.
- The Hepburn Wind farm is located in Leonard’s Hill, just over one hour drive west from Melbourne and ten minutes south from Daylesford. Car parking is available on site.
- Yes 2 Renewables may arrange a mini-bus leaving from Melbourne (contingent on numbers). The mini-bus will be confirmed by December 10. It will require an additional cost. Please email email@example.com to express interest in a seat.
- The Hepburn Community Wind Farm is located at 2040 Ballan Daylesford Rd, Leonards Hill. Please follow this link for Google Map location
What to bring:
- Bring some lunch, snacks, and some drinks to enjoy on the day.
- Sunscreen. There isn’t any share up on Leonard’s Hill.
- A raincoat and jumper. It’s markedly colder at the wind farm. Be prepared for rain.
One thought on “Yes 2 Renewables – Hepburn Wind Farm tour”