Zero Carbon Australia 2020 – 100% renewable energy for Australia

The following is a summary of the Zero Carbon Australia Stationary Energy Plan, which identifies a pathway by which Australia could get to 100% renewables as an energy source by 2020.

It suggests that solar thermal technology could provide around 60% of our energy needs, while wind would provide the other 40% (with some minor back up from hydro and agricultural waste biomass for the 2% of the time when there is less sun or wind than required).

You can read the article here (from the Friends of the Earth magazine, Chain Reaction).

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s